Monday, October 20, 2008

#12 British Food Myth

I don't know from who I heard this, but legend has it that London has horrible tasting food.

I want to dispel this myth for my friends and family out there in Internet-land. Food here is amazingly good.

So here I go:

Pizza. Yeah, had some of the best pizza outside of John's in NYC (My favorite pizza restaurant). Right by school, just three blocks away.

Sushi. Had fast-food sushi (doesn't sound right) the other day, which was surprisingly tasty. The fast-food joint was more like a 7-11 hybrid with a buffet. They have individually wrapped pieces of sushi and sashimi that you pick up and pay for at the counter. No place to sit, so you just take it home. Really good for what it was. And cost like 5 pounds. It's not something I'm happy to admit being a self-proclaimed sushi snob, but how can you beat sushi for 5 pounds???

And if you're wondering about traditional English food, I've had my share. At some local restaurants I've had shepherd's pie and other meat pies. Very very good.

There you have it. The British food myth has been busted.

I'll upload some pictures tonight when I get home (one of the sushi "restaurant").

Thanks for reading and leaving comments!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha....