Sunday, October 5, 2008

#2 Flights And Settling In

What a trip. The first few days came with a mixed bag of emotions: excitement, anxiety, fear of frostbite. Just to name a few.

I landed at London's Heathrow Airport from Dublin after a flight from San Francisco. The trip went as smoothly as one would hope. The long flight (from San Fran to Dublin) was pretty empty so I had some space to stretch. This also allowed me to shove both of my oversized carry-on bags in the overhead compartments.

Seriously, both of my carry-ons weighed probably 30 lbs each. It was ridiculous.

The flight from Dublin to London was a little more crowded but I was still able to keep both of my bags in the cabin (neither was able to fit under the seat in front of me).

When I got to London, I met with Sharon, the mom of a friend of Lauren's who is letting me stay at her apartment. The apartment is really nice and it will be perfect for the 3 months I am here. (I'll load up a video tour of the apartment and some pics in the next few days).

There were only 2 problems, I couldn't figure out how to turn on the heat and the shower is... well lets just say is frustrating.

But Sharon helped me with the heat and I'll just have to deal with the inconsistent shower. No worries.

I'm also living here with my friend Soren. If you don't know him, he's Danish. And very tall. He's an art director who is also from the San Francisco campus.

More to come. Stay tuned.


This is Soren standing outside our house.

1 comment:

UXINTERESTS said...

Will oyu tel Soren I say hi?!?!

Aww. I wish I was there with you two!

How is everything. Keep up your blog,

I like hearing updates on everything!