Saturday, October 4, 2008

#1 The Short And Long Of It

Welcome family, friends and loyal fans to my blog. This blog is to keep you all updated on my adventures in London.

Some of you may be wondering what I'm doing here across the pond.

The short of it is that I have an internship of sorts at Saatchi & Saatchi London as a copywriter.

The long of it is that I’m a student at Miami Ad School. And, as students we can participate in what’s called Quarter Away. Quarter Away is a program that sends students to take classes at different campuses or ad agencies all over the world. Students can also apply for internship positions at different agencies all over the world. I am not in the internship position, but I am taking classes at Saatchi & Saatchi. Here we can work on real assignments and also take classes, but more often we will be taking classes and not doing real work. So we may be treated like interns, but we are really more like apprentices or students.

So if your friend or anyone else wants to know why I’m not in the states, you can chose to either give them the short or the long answer.

More to come. Stay tuned.

No comments: